Gender Equity Forum
Wednesday, 4 February 2009, from 3-4:30, in MAI 212
Watch the recording of the Forum: here
Discussion of the UT Gender Equity Report with a selection of campus leaders, including Vice Provost Judy Langlois and several deans.
For details, download flyers here (letter size | ledger size).
Panel on Surviving the Promotion and Tenure Process, 9 April 2008
Listen to the Audio Transcript of the Panel (40 MB MP3 file).
- Dr. Steve Leslie - Executive VP and Povost
- Dr. Gretchen Ritter - Professor, Government, Director of the Center for Women's and Gender Studies
- Dr. Hillary Hart - Distinguished Sr. Lecturer, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
- Dr. Domino Perez - Associate Professor, English and Ctr. for Mexican American Studies
- Dr. Victoria Rodriguez - Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies
Survivng the Promotion and Tenure Process, Wed. April 18, 2007
Listen to the Audio Transcript of the Panel (40 MB MP3 file)
Download flyer in PDF
These are the panel
Carol Mackay, moderator
- Provost Steve Leslie
- Associate Vice President Dorothea Adams
- Alan Tully, Chair, History Department
- Ann Repp (promoted to senior lecturer, Psychology)
- Julia Mickenberg (promoted to associate professor,
- Yolanda Padilla (promoted to full professor, Social Work)
Friday, February 3, 2006, was "GO RED" DAY, on which Austinites were asked by the American Heart Association to wear red in recognition of the fact that heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women in the United States. This event was co-sponsored by the Faculty Women's Organization, Beta Chi Theta, and Alpha Phi student organizations. Particular thanks are due to Alpha Phi Omega for their magnificant display of the Texas flag.
Participants wearing red in the photo were eligible for a variety of terrific prizes, including a commemorative official
Rose Bowl Football signed by Coach Mack Brown and Vince Young, an iPod nano, an iPod shuffle (donated by the University Federal
Credit Union), ten $100 Co-Op gift certificates, and 1,000 red UT T-shirts donated by the Co-Op, courtesy of George Mitchell. Thanks to Marsha Miller for permission to use these photos.
Forum: 2001 Highlight
- Summaries of
Sessions at the 2001 Texas Women Faculty