Test Your Connectivity
- Verify that you are able to watch the test stream below on the connection you will use for the course.
- Check your internet connection speed on the connection you will use for class. At least 5 Mbps download speed is required for live-streaming video.
- Check that Chrome is your browser and that it is up-to-date. Disable pop-up blockers and ad blockers. Download Chrome here.
- Check your laptop and desktop computer.
Windows users: Check Windows version | Check that the version is up-to-date
Mac users: Check macOS version | Check that the version is up-to-date
Tablets, smartphones, and Microsoft Surface devices are not supported.
- Check your microphone and webcam if required for your course.
Verify Test Stream
Follow These Tips During Class
- Clear the browser’s cache and disable pop-up blockers and ad blockers before class starts.
- Close all unnecessary browser windows and apps, including streaming music and video, social media, and games.
- Use the full-screen button on the video player (bottom right corner) instead of expanding the browser window to watch in full-screen.
Get Additional Help
- Click “Online Course Tech Support” in the left navigation menu of your Canvas course.
- If you cannot meet these requirements, contact your instructional team.